Guest author Q&A with Juliette Cross
Hello Sunnies 😎
When was the last time a friend gave you a book recommendation that you know you will be grateful for the rest of your life? For me it was about two weeks ago. As you all know by now I love supernatural romance. So meet Juliette Cross, a fabulous supernatural romance writer that I hope you will all love as much as I now do!
|The Black Lily, Juliette Cross|
Hi Juliette! I am so glad to have met you and have found your books. Black Lily was a pleasant surprise and I cannot wait to read the other books in the series.
- When did you start writing? Was it a hobby at first or did you always wanted to be a writer?
Thank you so much for having me today. So, I hate to sound cliché, but I always wanted to be a writer. I wrote tons of emo poetry in high school—bad, angsty poetry. Lol. But it led me to writing fiction and majoring/graduating with a degree in Creative Writing from LSU. After many years of teaching and raising kids, I ventured back to writing, drawn to my favorite genre—paranormal/fantasy romance. So here I am. J
- When you are not writing what genre do you enjoy reading? And do you have a ’go-to’ author?
My favorite genres to read are paranormal/fantasy romance and historical romance. My go-to authors are Bec McMasters, Elizabeth Hoyt, Nalini Singh, and Kerrigan Byrne. All three write the dark, gritty, and sexy stories that I’m obsessed with.
- There are a lot of vampire stories out there. What inspired you to write yours?
Funny you should ask. Vampires have ALWAYS been my favorite paranormal creature, but I struggled to find an original storyline that inspired me. There were already a lot of urban vampires on the scene, so I knew I wouldn’t go that route (though I adore UF vamps). It was the day after I saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I was mopping my floor and thinking of Cinderella (yes, I know). And I thought, what if Cinderella went to the ball because she hated the prince and wanted to kill him. And then…what if he was a vampire and the vampire monarchy had oppressed her people. Then finally, what if she were leading a resistance against the vampires? The rest, as they say, is history. ;)
- What other books do you have coming out this year that we should keep an eye on? Darkest Heart comes out in August 2018 with Entangled Publishing, book 1 in the Dominion series. It’s an apocalyptic urban fantasy romance about a jaded, snarky, and naughty demon anti-hero named Dommiel who is unwillingly partnered with an angel warrior named Anya to seek out and find a missing archangel. Their journey takes them deep into the demon undergrounds on earth where angels and demons are battling it out for dominion.
And for the fun of it…
- If you were to give a soundtrack to this fun and less than traditional fairy-tale can you think of a song or two that would be on it?
These two DEFINITELY:
· Castle by Halsey
· Who Are You? by Svrcina
- Can you think of actors and actresses you would cast for the main characters in this series? (I saw on a review on Goodreads someone using a picture of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau -Jamie Lanister in GoT- as Nikolai and I swoon! Hehe)
|The Black Lily, Juliette Cross|
· Jonathan Rhys-Myers as Marius,
· Lily James as Arabelle,
· Sophie Turner as Sienna
· Lily Collins as Brennalyn,
· Douglas Booth as Friedrich,
· Ryan Reynolds as Grant,
· Theo James as Mikhail (would need blue vampire contacts like in Underworld)
· Chloe Grace Moretz as Mina (with platinum blonde hair).
Thank you so much for taking part of this Q&A! I wish you all the luck in this world with this series and every other book you come to write. I am now fir sure a fan!
You’re the best! Thank you so much for having me here today. Wishing all the readers a happily-ever-after. ;)